Friday, September 7, 2012

Journey to Leadville - Byrne - September 7, 2012

Leadville 2012 Byrne/Fountain Team - Best Crew I have ever seen or could possibly imagine at Leadville - This is what it is all about! from left to right - Kim Greder (sister), Lois Byrne (mom), Debi Byrne (sister), Jay Gates (friend), Melissa Dawson (friend), Larry Ratigan (friend), Rick Fountain (amazing stud athlete), Gordon Staley (friend), John Byrne, Mike Cavins (friend), Curt Johnston (friend), Doug Himmelman (friend), Scott Passman (friend), Todd Hornbuckle (friend), Katelin Gannon (niece), John Lawler (friend), Michelle Ribble (sister)
0 days until the 2012 Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run!  It's over - happy, sad, many mixed emotions.

First of all I want to apologize to all of you for falling off the face of the earth for the past month! As you know I was a little busy with a small run :o)

The days leading up to the race, while not too hectic, were busier than I thought and I didn't get back to the blog. I have a zillion pictures and videos and have to figure out an efficient way to post them - my last post with + 25 pictures of Powerline was very tedious to post and probably more tedious for you to look at. I have a bunch more and will figure out the best way to share them with you.

I will plan to put together a nice post this weekend that will probably scratch the surface of this WONDERFUL experience. The rest should come out in the darn book that I need to finish from 7 years ago!

Thanks for being patient and I'll be back soon.

Rick Fountain was outstanding and amazing - an awesome training partner and friend and he rocked! Our team was the best I could have ever imagined.

The journey to Leadville is over but it is the precursor to the bigger journey called "the rest of our lives". There are so many good things that have and will continue to rise out of this amazing experience.

Thank you for all your thoughts, love, and prayers. I send mine right back at you with about 5 times more feeling :o)





Until my next post, have a great day! Dig Deep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gгeetings I am so thrilled I founԁ your blog pаge, I
reаlly fоund you by aссident, while I was resеaгching on Yаhoo for something else, Regardless I аm herе now and would just like to say thank yοu
fοr a marvelous post and a all rοund enjoyаble blog (I also loѵе the
thеme/ԁеѕign), ӏ don't have time to read it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the great job.

my site ... 888 Poker Bonus ()