Saturday, November 7, 2015

Week 10 - Keeping good company makes training so much easier


Rick, Emily, Billie, and Curt at Crow Creek Park after 16.5 miles

Another great week of training! Preparing for Leadville has been tough - rising early on most days during the week, getting out in the cold, dark, and sometimes wet weather, running longer distances at paces which aren't always easy and pushing through stairs and lunges that burn the legs.

I am motivated to accomplish my sub 24 hour Leadville 100 mile run but one of the things that has made it SO much easier is the camaraderie and friendship I have developed with some fantastic people. The people featured above are only some people in this category and I am grateful to them all. My running partners hold me accountable, inspire me to run when I don't feel like it, help me run faster than I think I can, and take my mind off of my heavy muscles and exhausted breathing. I've reached the point where it isn't too tough to get up before 5 am and when I see my friends at 4:30, 5:00, or 6:00 am, my eyes light up.

Tuesday, November 3rd - 2 sets of the following:
10 stairs, 1/2 mile run, 100 yard sprint, 100 yard lunge, 45 second plank, 1/2 mile run, 45 second plank. During the 2nd set we added 2 sets of 15 squats and extended the 2nd plank to 60 seconds. Wore my altitude mask @ 12,000 feet
Rick, Curt, Billie, Jeremy, Mike, Emily, and Pat.

Wednesday, November 4th - 6 mile run.
Emily, Billie, Jeremy, Curt, and Rick

Thursday, November 5th - 55 stairs - work altitude mask @ 12,000 feet
Billie, Jeremy, pat, Curt, Troy, Mike

Friday, November 6th - 2 miles

Saturday, November 7th - 16.5 miles from Crow Creek Park.
Rick, Curt, Billie, Emily, John O.

No comments: