Sunday, September 13, 2015

Week 2 of Training - According to Hoyle....Plan Executed



Image result for according to hoyle

Last week was a great test.  It has been easier to work out in town when my accountability buddies are either awaiting my arrival early in the morning or in my driveway waiting for me to come out of the house. On Labor Day I traveled to the Twin Cities for a business trip early Tuesday morning. The hotel was equipped with a fitness room so as long as I was willing to rise early, getting the Tuesday morning workout in would be no problem.  I'm proud to say that I didn't flinch and completed my make shift workout regimen. Upon returning Tuesday evening, the rest of the week played out as I wanted it to. I managed to get in some weightlifting and basketball but am finding that my weightlifting is falling off a bit.  A little disappointed but understand that running is #1 on my workout priority list. I've been tinkering with my altitude mask during some workouts and wearing it around the house.  It is set at 18,000 feet and I can't keep it on for too long without needing a break - I'll keep you posted on my progress with this device.  Still feeling strong and excited for August 20, 2016. It has been fun talking with various friends who are planning or contemplating accompanying us on this fantastic, wonderful trip!

Workout Summary

Tuesday, Sept 8th - 4 sets of ...
                                               incline hike - incline 13.5-15.0 speed 3.5-3.6
                                               25 squats
                                               1/2 mile treadmill runs - incline 1.0-1.5 speed 6.0-7.5
Wed, Sept 9th - 6.2 mile run - Rick, Curt, Billie, Jay, John
Thurs, Sept 10th - 56 sets of stairs at BHS football stadium - Mike, Jeremy, Billie, Larry, John
Sat, Sept 12th - 16 miles - two 1 hr 15 minute loops of 8 miles each - Rick, Curt, Billie, Emily, John

Have an awesome week!



No comments: