Thursday, June 28, 2012

Journey to Leadville - Byrne - June 28, 2012

51 days until the 2012 Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run....

A much shorter post today :o)
Last night my sons Tom and Joe went to play some drop in soccer by the bike path and since Michael had not yet run today, I asked him if he wanted to run along the bike path. He said 'yes" so we did. What a great kid! It was pretty hot and humid so we worked up a good sweat. We had some meaningful discussion about college, life, and what my goals were after Leadville. I'm so lucky to have him as a son. He also taught me some Myrtle stretches after the run - it's really fun when you start learning things from your kids!




This morning I met up with Curt Johnston for a good 6.4 mile run out north of town. We started off slow as usual and I could still feel some of the tiredness from the previous weekend. Relatively quickly though, I loosened up and at the end we were running at about a 7 minute mile pace. According to Curt's Garmin, our last recorded mile was around 7:30 - not bad for a first run back after the 103 mile effort last weekend. Rick is still nursing a swollen ankle but I know he'll be back soon.



Heading off to Wisconsin to see my niece get married this weekend so I'll be off the blog for a few days.

Until my next post, have a great day!  DIG DEEP!

No comments: