Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Journey to Leadville - Byrne - June 5, 2012

74 days until the Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run....

Correction to last blog - I inaccurately stated that Aaron Maurer stopped running after the first 10 mile loop - sorry bud. It's hard enough to keep running - not so nice when someone else publicly posts that you stopped running :o)

Secondly, I admit I'm a liar. I said I was going to run stairs at 4:30 a.m. on Tuesday - didn't happen. Monday night I knew I needed to stay up much of the night prepping for my class on Tuesday morning so I traded the morning workout in for an evening workout - nice change of pace. My body appreciated the sleep and my body seems more awake at night. There are still many advantages to working out in the morning and I plan to go back to it. Today I also opted to prep for my class more and plan to go running later tonight. I might be able to get back at it tomorrow morning - we'll see.

Rick Fountain, Michael Byrne, Curt Johnston - post workout - John Byrne photographer
Curt Johnston and John Byrne - Rick Fountain photographer (Rick Fountain's fingers in pic)
72 sets of stairs at the Bettendorf High School football stadium (pics forthcoming). Rick Fountain, Curt Johnston and I were there. I was pleasantly surprised when my son Michael showed up - he ran 21 sets with us before doing some strides around the track. Michael ran the stairs strong - it was cool!

Until my next post, have a great day!  DIG DEEP!

2 comments:

coffeechug said...

No worries John. I only ran a few extra miles so it was not a big deal. Keep up the excellent training. I am always so impressed by what you and Rick accomplish each week and how you motivate others to join you on your journey.

Journey to 2012 Leadville - Byrne said...

Thanks man. Body is still feeling good. I know we aren't getting in great volume but I think we are getting prepared and I expect we will have success come August. It is awesome to see others coming out and making great strides - I think I may feel more motivated by them than they feel motivated by us.