Friday, March 23, 2012

Journey to Leadville - Byrne - March 23, 2012

148 days until the 2012 Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run...

Happy Friday!

Rick and I ran 6.9 miles this morning in about an hour. Nice leisurely ran, worked up a sweat, and had some good conversation. Not to say that it wasn't work but it did feel a little strange to quit after only an hour based on what we have been running during the weekends.

http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/77407484/?new_route=1

Finished the day with 3 sets of 8 at 185 lbs on the benchpress today. The bench press is coming along - slowly but surely. While we were probably doing something like this last year I know that I could not have been doing this a few months ago when we first started back on the bench press. It's kind of cool to realize the gradual improvement. One of my goals that I've put on the back burner is bench pressing 300 lbs. I came up short last year at 275 lbs but I will get it in the future - you can bank on it. There are bench press calculators (e.g. http://www.benchpressmax.com/bench-press-chart.html ) that project what you can max at based on higher reps at lower weights. The magic number of reps at 225 lbs is 10. I've never been able to do this many reps at 225 lbs but we'll get there sometime in the future. Enjoying the gorgeous weather - hope you get a chance to be outside this weekend.

Until my next post, have a great day!  DIG DEEP!



No comments: