Thursday, March 29, 2012

Journey to Leadville - Byrne - March 29, 2012

143 days until the 2012 Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run...

another picture forthcoming - I'm being held hostage by my daughter Katie. Homework, soccer, track, and the other activities of a 7th grader are impacting the expediency with which I post pictures.

6B46 group - I'll update with names when I get the info. sorry for  the fuzziness - maybe this is what it actually looks like to most people's eyes at 5 am! I'm missing a few names but I know we have Katherine, Chad S, Jenny, Lindsay C, Chad U, Katie G, Phil P, Aaron M, Jane W, Emily B, and John B (me) - photographer Tom Beck - our friend at the Y front desk
There was a group of 11 runners this morning - we did a 5.9 mile loop that ran west, north, east, and then south back to the YMCA. There were some runners from last Saturday's run, a couple of people I had not before, and my student Lindsay Caes from St. Ambrose. Had a great time running with the "Crazies" aka the '6B46' group (6 miles before 6 am) - the link below shows the route we ran - I didn't include a quick diversion to the Hy Vee parking lot which would have moved this run to back over 6 miles - thus the 6 before 6 actually was realized.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/79073810/?new_route=1

Tomorrow  is a rest day - I may play some basketball if I feel like getting up early in the morning :o) Next big run is Saturday - should be able to get close to a marathon of running in, followed by a Sunday run of 18 miles or so.

Until my next post, have a great day!  DIG DEEP!

No comments: