Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Journey to Leadville - Byrne - July 24, 2012

25 days until the 2012 Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run...

Front - Paxton and Cheech   Back - Curt, John, Todd, Gordon, and Rick
This camera is ticking me off! The cell phone is brand new - I have to figure out what is going on - looks kind of blurry :o( 

Cheech's neighbor Paxton joined us this morning for our weekly Bett High School stadium steps - always love having new people join us. Paxton did great, especially for the first time. Today's plan was to knock out 61 sets of stairs and that is just what we did. It was dark when we started and light soon after. Humidity reigned - the shirt came off right away and only back on for the picture :o) Some did some track work, some did a combo of stairs and track runs - Rick, Cheech, and I focused on stair work today. The Bix 7 Mile Race is coming up this Saturday - Rick and Curt are going to run it fast this year - I predict they will both go sub 50 minutes. I'm running the Bix for the first time in 15 years! Joan signed up our entire family. My assignment is to run with Thomas, our high school sophomore who is on the cross country team :o) I'm predicting we will go mid 50's but whatever time Thomas wants to go for, I'll try to keep pace with him.

In addtion, there were a few other guys working out on the track - Phil Pancrazio, Jake Beck, and Jake's running partner - they were making fast time around the track getting ready for the Bix! Three younger women wandered onto the varsity soccer field, sat out in the middle of the field, and sat down. Not sure what they were doing - they actually looked like they were just enjoying the sunrise. While they had workout clothes on, it didn't seem like they were stretching, running, or doing calisthenics. After about 30 minutes they left in a good mood so whatever they were doing, it got their day off to a great start :o)

I would need to review this blog to determine the exact date but it seems like we've been at it a while with this big group doing stairs on Tuesday mornings. I'm impressed at the level of commitment and enthusiasm these guys/gals are demonstrating at 5 am in the morning - it is inspiring to me!

Until my next post, have a great day!  DIG DEEP!



No comments: