Thursday, July 26, 2012

Journey to Leadville - Byrne - July 26, 2012

23 days until the 2012 Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run....



Rick and I had a good run from his house down to the river into LeClaire. We ran for 59 minutes and had a negative split on the back half of our run, which was uphill. Rick is running the Bix this Saturday so he's taking a couple days off so he can go sub 50 on the difficult, hilly 7 mile run. Run started off with nice cool weather and the humidity set in as we progressed into the run but it was never that bad. Rick asked a question about how long I was in aid stations in Leadville 2005 - that was his mistake. I answered his question and then started another 30 minute continuation of my first Leadville experience. It's kind of crazy but my energy level rises and my tiredness disappears whenever I start talking about this race!

Until my next post, have a great day!  DIG DEEP!

No comments: