Friday, July 27, 2012

Journey to Leadville - Byrne - July 27, 2012

22 days until the 2012 Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run...

Today I met Rick and his wife Jeanie at their house at 5:30 am and we had a nice 45 minute walk around the neighborhood and golf course - a great tune up for the Bix tomorrow. I am excited for Rick and Curt and think they will post an incredible time tomorrow. I will be running alongside my son Thomas and hope that we will have a good run as well. Thomas will be a sophomore cross country runner in a few weeks and has been running quite a bit with his teammates this year. He's used to running more 4-5 mile distances so we'll see how this goes.

Since I missed going up and down the Exterminator yesterday I thought I would catch it on my way back from Rick's. I had about 30-35 minutes so I thought I'd see what I could get in. This time I decided to run up and down the Exterminator - running is a lot harder than hiking. The runs up were pulling at my quads but it felt good. I did 30 sets in all - ran 10, walked 5, ran 5, walked 5, and ran 5 for a total of 20 runs and 15 walks up Exterminator and 30 runs down Exterminator. I felt challenged aerobically as well so it was a good work out for me. We'll see if I pay for it tomorrow at the Bix. Either way, I'm glad I did it.

Until my next post, have a great day!  DIG DEEP!

No comments: