Friday, January 20, 2012

Journey to Leadville - Byrne - January 20, 2012

211 days until the 2012 Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run...

Didn't get as much snow as I thought so the marathon run is on for tomorrow at 4:30 a.m. Already have 4 others committed to joining us - much to my surprise. With the snow and the cold I figured it might just be Rick and I. It is a lot of fun to bring along someone new - gives me an opportunity to tell some of my old stories to new people :o) We'll start with at least 3 and pick up a 4th at 6:00 a.m. There may be more - we'll know in about 8 hours. Not sure who will try to go the entire distance - I'm certain Rick will. Didn't play basketball this morning so I'm very well rested. My lower back pain seems to have disappeared altogether - even shoveled a little snow today :o) I vow to not have cold hands tomorrow as I'm taking a couple of handwarmers with me to use and share with others. I have really enjoyed getting to know other people through this training experience, people I probably would not have had the opportunity to get to know if it weren't for this long distance running. Contemplating when to run the 2nd marathon this weekend. Thinking about late Saturday night if not Sunday morning - either early or real early.


This is a picture from the top of Hope Pass looking to the south. It would be the view you get at mile 45 looking forward or at mile 55 if you turn around and look back. Breathtaking - on a couple of levels. One because it is beautiful and two because it is oxygen deprived air!

Until my next post, have a great day! DIG DEEP!

No comments: