Thursday, April 12, 2012

Journey to Leadville - Byrne - April 12, 2012

129 days until the 2012 Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run....

Ran about 6.75 miles today with Curt Johnston and Rick Fountain - went north out into the country from Curt's house in Lakehurst - I love the country roads! They bring back very pleasant memories from my days on the farm as a kid. Our route is posted below...

http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/82880761/?new_route=1

The last run was almost 5 days ago! We took off Easter Sunday and then again Monday. We did work out on Tuesday and Wednesday but they were stair workout days and not running days.

Picture forthcoming of my new shoes :o) I bought a pair of Asics shoes from Kohl's last week.

new shoes - Asics - extra wide!

The store did not make the size I wanted (14) but I was able to order a size 15 online.  Normally I would prefer to try a shoe on before buying it but I'm familiar with Asics and they feel good. Plus this shoe was extra wide, which felt good. When my feet do hurt it is usually on the wide part of my foot (inside and outside) in the area where my toes are attached to my feet. I've been building up callouses and have been taking the pummel stone to my feet but that isn't any fun. I was a litlte worried because the length is a good 3/4" too long in front of the tops of my toes. Yet after a 6.7 mile run, my feet feel wonderful. I appreciate the extra width and the extra length didn't seem to bother me at all. From now on, I'm buying extra wide running shoes!

I will be out of town Friday night - Sunday night so I won't be engaging in any running in Bettendorf. I'll do some running on my own in Marion at my mom's house. I'm checking with Aaron Maurer but I believe there will be a group meeting at Crow Creek Park on Saturday - most likely a 6 am departure but I will check for sure. You can reach Aaron Maurer at amaurer@bettendorf.k12.ia.us

Until my next post, have a great day! DIG DEEP!

No comments: