Saturday, April 28, 2012

Journey to Leadville - Byrne - April 28, 2012

113 days until the Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run...

The reason we did not run this morning.
I don't enjoy running in the rain, unless it is hot outside, but I wasn't going to let rain prevent me from running - I guess it is a mental toughness thing. But lightning is a different story. I am expecting that we could see lightning at Leadville and I'll take my chances there but I don't think it is very smart to mess around with this in training. It was raining and lightning frequently at 2:55 a.m. and I made the decision to text those runners in my cell phone that Saturday morning's run had been canceled. If some of you did come out for the run I apologize but I hope the weather motivated you to stay home too. When I finally climbed out of bed at 7 am it looked like the rain and lightning had stopped. Maybe it was over with by 5 or 6 a.m. but I wasn't awake to find out. The run has been rescheduled for 5:30 a.m. tomorrow leaving from Rick Fountain's house at 4 Redstone Ct. LeClaire, IA.  Text me (563) 343-3909 if you plan to meet us so I can help you with directions or we know to wait for you. We'll loop back once at 7 a.m. and finish by 8:30 a.m. I was thinking of going longer but believe we're going to play basketball tomorrow night so we'll save our legs a bit.

Below are a couple of pictures from Wednesday at Jumer's that Katie had emailed to me. Jay and Rick don't look too happy on the left because this was at the beginning and they knew we had a big workout ahead of us. On the right, I and Jay look exhausted but happy because we were DONE with the 30 trips up the Tower!

Jay and Rick - Wednesday at Jumer's
in the stairwell basement


John and Jay on the 9th floor waiting
to go down the elevator after the 30th trip
up Jumer's Tower - Rick gets fired from
taking photographs in the future.
Too blurry - although he did just run
up the Tower 30 times :o)













Until my next post, have a great day! DIG DEEP!

No comments: