Thursday, April 26, 2012

Journey to Leadville - Byrne - April 26, 2012

115 days until the Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run....

Below is a 10 minute video that includes actual footage from my 2005 Leadville race. Wow does this bring back some great memories! I think it gives you a nice perspective on what the course looks like. You can see how tired I get as the race moves forward. More significantly, you can see the critical role that loved ones are playing in getting me to the finish line - I don't believe I would have made it without them.


This morning we had a nice little run out into the country. We ran north of I-80 and eventually turned right at the road that takes many Bettendorf families to the BSA soccer fields.

http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/86924579 - 6.5 miles  -  57 minutes

We finished up with 3 sets of 25 pushups - another good day. Tomorrow we will be at the track at 5:15 for some 400's and an 800 - then off to basketball for the rest ot the early morning :o)

Until my next post, have a great day!  DIG DEEP!

No comments: