Friday, April 27, 2012

Journey to Leadville - Byrne - April 27, 2012

114 days until the 2012 Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run...

Quick day at the track before basketball at 5:15 a.m.
Gordon Staley, Todd Hornbuckle, Rick Fountain, and myself. Originally I think Gordon and Todd were planning to come to Leadville to watch the race and tip back a few. Now I think they are planning to knock Rick and I on the head, leave us in the ditch, steal our race bibs and run it themselves.

800 M warm up jog
400 M  85 seconds   200 M walk
400 M  83 seconds   200 M walk
400 M  82 seconds   200 M walk
800 M  2:58 - off to play basketball

appropriate description of my shooting today...
Didn't play that well today but still had fun. Our team actually went 2-2 but upon further examination of my play, my teammates may have thought I was trying to ensure that we went 0-4. Dr. Naismith may be rolling over in his grave - I wouldn't blame him. One thing I've learned over the years is that if I don't take time to get warmed up with my shot by shooting around, I am not very good on offense.

Other amazing news from the other day - Jay said 'he's in' for coming out to Leadville in August! It is so cool that other people want to come out for this event. I know they will be glad they did - it is an amazing experience. Even if you have no interest in running the race, I think everyone's life would be enriched by getting to Leadville at least once - you'll never be the same afterwards - guaranteed!

Planning on a run at 4:30 a.m. tomorrow morning at Crow Creek Park on near Devils Glen Rd and Crow Creek Rd.

Until my next post, have a great day! DIG DEEP!

No comments: