Saturday, May 12, 2012

Journey to Leadville - Byrne - May 12, 2012

98 days until the 2012 Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run...

Rick Fountain, Jane Wheeler, and Jay Gates - 6 a.m.
A small group today, which we figured since the Quad City Distance Classic is tomorrow. Rick and I took off at 4:30 am by ourselves. My right leg and ankle were a little sore from basketball yesterday and I debated whether I should run today. I decided to go for it, partly because I had posted that we would do it and I didn't want to let anyone down. We started slow and within 1 mile my leg felt just fine.

http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/91881447 - 9 miles

Upon our return to the park for a few minutes before 6 am, Jane Wheeler (and baby), and Jay Gates were ready to go on another long run. It was daylight by this time and the temperatures were perfect. Jane took off strong and was tough to keep up with. It is remarkable to think what she could do if she weren't 20 weeks pregnant. She is very fast! 

http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/91881961 - 8 miles

Hoping all of the Mothers have a wonderfcul Mother's Day!

Until my next post, have a great day!  DIG DEEP!

No comments: