Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Journey to Leadville - Byrne - May 22, 2012

88 days until the Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run...

Please read to the very end - you won't regret it :o)

A few things to catch up on....

Gordon, Lindsay, Curt, Rick, and Todd - John photographer
Todd took this picture so my 'glow in the dark shirt could make it in there - the camera immediately broke afterwards :o)


Today (Tuesday) was a stair workout day - 82 trips up the Bettendorf High School football stadium followed by a pyramid of 8 push ups (36 total). Gordon Staley, Curt Johnston, Todd Hornbuckle, Lindsay Caes, Rick Fountain. Beautiful morning!

Taking it easy this week - getting ready for this Friday's run to West Branch. No running Sunday or Monday. Did play basketball Sunday night - it was awesome! No plans to run Wednesday or Thursday either unless the kids want to go out for a few miles.

Saturday was a good run - didn't have time to blog since I was off to Notre Dame to my nephew's graduation - more to come on that later - IT IS WORTH THE READ, trust me! 

Katie, Jen, Kurt, John, Rick, Curt - Phil Pancrazio photographer
Katie Gaffney, Curt Johnston, Rick Fountain and I met at 4:30 am to go on the first leg of the run. Wonderful morning for a run...

http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/95025327 - 9.8 miles - 1 hr 21 minutes

At 6 am we were joined by Phil, Kurt, and Jen for the second leg of the run...


http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/95027935/?new_route=1- 9.75 miles - 1 hr 20 minutes

Ok, now for the best part of this post! On Saturday I heard the BEST commencement address I have ever heard - Haley Scott Demaria, a Notre Dame alum who battled back from a spinal injury to compete intercollegiately in swimming - her message is inspiring and uplifting. I so wanted to find her afterwards and tell her how much her speech meant to me. Someday I will meet her - PLEASE take 15 minutes to listen to this - it is worth it - I guarantee it. What a beautiful and terrific person!



 

Until my next post, have a great day! DIG DEEP!

No comments: