Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Journey to Leadville - Byrne - May 15, 2012

95 days until the 2012 Leadville Trail 100 Mile Run...

great picture forthcoming....Katie.....

Men of Steel

not our sunrise - but ours was just about as good...
Another awesome day - I feel so energized with the great weather we are having - the light of day is coming earlier each morning. I'm also really happy that a number of good friends are showing up to do this - it is inspiring me! We had a strong force today at the track - Gordon Staley, Todd Hornbuckle, Mike Cavins, Curt Johnston, Rick Fountain, and myself. I have a feeling that Gordon, Todd, and Mike have secretly signed up to run Leadville and aren't telling me - they keep coming every week for the stair workouts! It was a great day - 82 trips up and down the Bettendorf High School football stadium followed by a ladder of push ups with Rick leading - Rick did 1 push up and remained in up position while Curt and I did 1 push up - then 2 & 2, etc. all the way up to 8 - so that ended up being 36 push ups. Tomorrow - Jumer's Tower 5 a.m. for anyone who wishes to join us!

Dave Jessen was running 800's with Julie Soucinek and 3 others while we were climbing stairs - they were all looking very strong. You would never guess Dave has been battling COPD by the way he is running - he is one tough guy!

Rick and I are planning on a run from my house to West Branch, IA on Friday, May 25th - we will probably leave my house at 5 a.m. but that time has not been finalized.  The route can be seen here:

http://www.mapmyfitness.com/routes/view/92180537 - 54 miles

I'm looking forward to this run!

Until my next post, have a great day! DIG DEEP!

1 comment:

Lindsay caes said...

I may join in on this run but I'd stop at Durant I think. Depends on the anticipated route.